Usually when I’m reading a new book, I’ll post random quotes that I enjoyed on my social media sites. Because of this, some of my friends tend to ask what books I’m reading. I decided to make this blog post so I could share all the books I have read, along with the books I’m currently reading.
Some of these books are about heartache and losing someone close to you. Others are about self-love and fixing your broken pieces. Many of them are about BOTH. What they all share in common though, is how dark they can be. Something about this darkness draws me in. I can relate to a lot of the feelings that are written by these authors.
One book in particular, Black Butterfly, is mainly about losing someone in death or in life. It helped me cope with the passing of my dad and also with my feelings at the time in late 2016.
Out of the books I have listed, my most recommended would be Beautiful And Damned by R.M. Drake. I absolutely loved this one so so so much! Half of the book contains short stories and the other half are poems. I loved every short story that R.M. Drake wrote in this one! Each narrative was different than the last, but it was the endings that really got me. I would find myself reflecting on each story every time I finished one.
Here’s one of my favorite parts from Beautiful And Damned –
“There were times when I would drink and then the next day feel as if I wasn’t myself — as if I was out of my body and I’d watch myself slowly drift away with the clouds. But there were times, even without the liquor, when I felt this way too, and those were the times where I needed someone the most. Those were the times I didn’t go to school, the times I would lock myself within myself and see if someone would care enough to save me.”
The list below are all the amazing books I have read and would recommend!😊
- the princess saves herself in this one – Amanda Lovelace
- the witch doesn’t burn in this one – Amanda Lovelace
- to make monsters out of girls – Amanda Lovelace
- soft thorns – Bridgett Devoue
- Blush – CiCi B
- Spilled Words – Cici B
- Lost And Found: The Book of Short Stories – CiCi B
- Pillow Thoughts – Courtney Peppernell
- I Wrote This For You – Iain S. Thomas
- Of Yesteryear – Lauren Eden
- Delicate Thoughts – M. Ballard
- excerpts from the book i’ll never write – Nadia Starbinski
- I hope this reaches her in time – r.h. Sin
- Rest in the Mourning – r.h. Sin
- Whiskey Words & a Shovel I – r.h. Sin
- Whiskey Words & a Shovel II – r.h. Sin
- Whiskey Mind Sober Heart – r.h. Sin
- A Brilliant Madness – R.M. Drake
- Beautiful Chaos – R.M. Drake
- Black Butterfly – R.M. Drake
- Beautiful And Damned – R.M. Drake
- Broken Flowers – R.M. Drake
- Moon Theory – R.M. Drake
- Star Theory – R.M. Drake
- Chaos Theory – R.M. Drake
- Light Theory – R.M. Drake
- Milk and Honey – Rupi Kaur
- The Sun and Her Flowers – Rupi Kaur
The following titles are the books I’m currently reading…
- This Is Me Letting You Go – Heidi Priebe
- Gravity – R.M. Drake
- Whiskey Words & a Shovel lll – r.h. Sin
I will update this list once I finish and will add more books as I read! Hope these books find you well!