Since I’m turning 27 today, I’m sharing 26 important facts I’ve learned over the last year or so. Self-care is SOOOO important, so don’t ever feel bad for doing what’s best for YOU and putting yourself first!
YOUR life, YOUR choices.
- Your mom is ALWAYS right.
- There is nothing wrong with cutting people off with no warning. You don’t owe anyone an explanation that’s a toxic person in your life.
- Everyone will hurt you. You just have to figure out who’s worth the pain.
- Love hurts. But it’s also worth it.
- People who were once your friends will talk about you. More specifically, at the neighborhood bar on a Friday Night.
- It’s okay to NOT drink every weekend OR any chance you get.
- It’s also okay to sit at home on the weekends and do NOTHING.
- Not everyone will understand your dark personality. Don’t change because others are intimidated or see something wrong with it. There’s nothing wrong with you. There’s something wrong with them!
- PEOPLE SUCK!! But there’s still some good souls in this world.
- Go on vacation every chance you get. Life is more exciting when you’re somewhere new.
- Don’t be ashamed of who you are and don’t feel bad for sticking up for yourself!
- Stop prioritizing people who don’t give you the time of day.
- Always get even. Revenge is sweet when they least expect it.
- Don’t worry about fitting in. It’s better to be different and stand out.
- Alone time isn’t always lonely.
- Deep conditioning your hair & face masks are your bff’s.
- Stop caring what everyone thinks.
- Don’t feel bad for having expensive taste. Disregard everyone’s comments. If they could afford it, they’d buy it too.
- Always take pictures. Even if you don’t post them. Memories are priceless.
- Pay attention to who’s there when hard times hit. You’ll know who really cares.
- People CAN change, BUT let go of those who don’t change their toxic ways. They can bring you down with them.
- Life is way too short to worry all the time.
- The ones who criticize everything you do low key envy you.
- QUALITY OVER QUANTITY (Purses, Cars, Friends, Etc.)
- Make your moves in silence. Telling everyone will only get them to copy you.
- Karma is real. Everyone will get theirs in due time.